Monday, November 18, 2013

Gandhi Song - Multiple Rip-Off Blog Post


The song below is absolutely my work. It’s true that the facts in the post were inspired (researched… stolen) from the life of Mahatma Gandhi. It’s true that the tune of the song is inspired (borrowed… stolen) from the Disney (evil amalgamation of bloodsucking lawyers without a hint of the creativity of its founder) Corp movie, Mary Poppins. It’s true the concept of the lyric is inspired (taken… stolen) from a joke that made the rounds in the early days of the internet.

But this song is all mine!

The Gandhi Song

by Headley Hauser (except the tune, concept or details)


Now I will walk without my shoes on dirt or rock or sand

And I have walked so many miles across this Indian land

Now you may think I'm 5'4" but I'm not quite 5'3"

For and inch of callus underfoot just makes a taller me.


Chorus

I'm a super calloused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis

You may think my feet are bad, but my breath, it is the grossest

Some people, they may say I'm great, I really hate to boastest

I'm just, super callused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis.


Hum diddle iddle dum diddle eye

You eat a little bit more than I


Last night I had a spoon of mush and in it was a gnat

My heart was filled with such distress that out that gnat I spat

Don’t know what people see in food, it makes me really blue

I think I'll go without it for at least a week or two

Repeat Chorus

The party gave a rally and it's me they want to hear

I just had some onion juice cause I won't drink the beer

Still no one heard a word I said, cause when it came my turn

From out my mouth there came a blast to make Nehru’s jacket burn


Repeat Chorus (followed by)


I'm a super callused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis

Sikhs and Muslims are OK but to Buddha I'm am closest

More peaceful than that Mao Tse Tung,
less fiery than Moses

I'm that super callused fragile mystic plagued with halitosis

Last post I had Tom Lehrer's Elements Song.  Here's more from him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment